How to make a card
In the photo below are my 4inch wide designs from Christmas set 1 all stitched directly on to plain card stock.
The card stock was purchased from the local Michael's craft shop in a package of 40 blank folding cards (with envelopes) sized at 6.5 by 5 inches folded for under $10. The store also has a Value pack of 25 envelopes and 25 folding cards--5 1/2 x 4inch cards for $6. Both packages state "Heavy card stock".
Clipart by www.designstitch.com
1. Hoop a cutaway stabilizer & Use a Sharp needle 10 or 12
2. Find & mark with a light pencil dot the center front of the card
& spray back of card with small amount of Spray adhesive
3. Lay the card (wrong side down) on top of stabilizer-centering the the design & center of the card
(Picture shows the Pfaff 150 x 150 hoop which is perfect for 5 inch cards)
4. Hold card down firmly in place, start machine off very slowly and proceed slowly
5. Make sure that the card stays flat on the stabilizer or the stitches will go through.
6. When the design is complete, trim excess stabilizer, glue a layer of cardstock or stabilizer to cover the inside. I have even printed my message on regular printer paper, cut it the the card size, glued it the inside front cover and it looks perfectly finished!!
Have fun adding your own personal messages to each individual card!
Print the message before you embroider.
I make all my cards for birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, sympathies.
I add numbers to birthdays and anniversaries, names to get well cards, etc.
It is wonderful to give a personalized gift and your friends and family appreciate it too!!
I hope you enjoy making cards as much as I do!!
Have a question? email me at email@example.com
The entire contents of this web site are copyright © 2001-2015
Judi Jaksa Custom Digitizer www.customdigitizer.com